Montville Village, Queensland
Montville is centrally placed on the Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, just 17 minutes to Maleny, 40 minutes to Noosa, 35 minutes to Mooloolaba, 35 minutes to Caloundra, 30 minutes to Maroochydore, as well as being just 90 minutes to Brisbane. Montville is on average about 430m above sea level, which not only means glorious views over the Sunshine Coast and hinterland, it also provides residents and visitors with one of the most comfortable climates in the world.
Montville, the jewel of the Blackall Range, will captivate you with the tranquility and beauty of its national parks, scenic walks and inspirational hinterland and coastal views. Allow yourself the time to soak up the majesty of the rainforests and let the cool mountain air revive your spirit. The quiet beauty of this area makes Montville the perfect romantic getaway destination. From boutique shops and galleries, chic cafes, bars and fine dining restaurants to heritage walks and local produce markets, Montville has earned a reputation for excellence. For art and craft lovers, Montville’s galleries are both unique and rewarding.
Whatever your pleasure, the village of Montville and the Blackall Range can offer endless hours of exploration - Or you can simply relax, curl up in front of a crackling wood fire and sip a drop of bubbly as you get to know each other again.
Some of the 'must do' local attractions..
- Jonathan's Guide to Montille: Plan your stay with our little informational guide. [Brochure]
- The Chapel: Pure craftsmanship, which now stands as a piece of art in the heart of Montville. [Website]
- Montville Heritage Walk: Stroll through Montville and learn about our history. [Brochure]
- Hinterland Gallery Trail: Your guide to exploring a variety of local art galleries. [Website]
- Local Produce Market: Every 2nd Saturday of the month. 7:30am – 1:00pm in the Village Hall. [Website]
- Arts Connect: Encourages local arts practices through shared activities and workshops. [Website]
- Lake Baroon: Relax on the waters edge. Children’s playground/ BBQ facilities. [Brochure]
- Kondalilla National Park: The park is named after the spectacular Kondalilla Falls. [Website]
- And for the more energetic: Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk The Baroon Section. [Map]
A short drive away..
- Australia Zoo: The ultimate wildlife adventure. [Website]
- Eumundi Markets: Australia’s premier artisan market – Saturday & Wednesday mornings. [Website]
- Sunshine Coast Beaches: Our beaches are, quite simply, some of the best in the world. [YouTube]
Food Glorious Food…
When it comes to food, Montville boasts a wide variety of choice, only minutes from your door. Our list of Cafes, Restaurants, Bars, Pizza Shops and Bakeries are listed in order of distance from Apple Tree Cottage. We have also included a brief description of each establishment – just to get your taste buds watering!
Altitude on Montville
With stunning coastal views, the centrally located restaurant and function centre is an ideal venue for smaller, intimate weddings and celebrations.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5535
Montville Cafe • Bar • Grill:
• Lunches, Teas, Cakes • Snacks, Dinner • Live Entertainment • Beers & Wines • Beer Garden • Functions & Catering • Courtesy Bus.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5889
Tucked away in the heart of Montville, this quaint little restaurant with it’s eclectic OLD WORLD charm offers something unique for everyone.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5313
Wild Rocket @ Misty’s:
Wild Rocket @ Misty’s is situated in one of the most historic buildings in Montville, the former ‘Fancy Goods & Lolly Shop’ is now the perfect restaurant space, with many quirky nooks and crannies. Using only the best local ingredients, this will be an experience to remember.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5560.
Nestled in the village square we offer every dining choice from snacks, freshly squeezed juice, ice-creams, devonshire teas, poffertjes to full satisfying meals and of course excellent coffee.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5522
Little May Espresso:
Little May Espresso serves smashing coffee including espresso and cold drip. We source local fresh produce to use in our baked sweets and light lunches.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5015
Montville Patisserie and Bakery:
All of our delicious breads, pies and pastries are handmade in our Montville bakery. Enjoy tea or coffee while taking in the village views. • Flourless cakes • Gluten / yeast free breads also available.
Website | Phone: 07 5442 9487
Homemade Lasagne, Quiche, Soups and Burgers. Specialties- Authentic Indian Cuisine – Gluten Free Meals, Cakes and Slices. OPEN 7 DAYS: 7:30am till 4:00pm.
Website | Phone: 07 5442 9488
For almost a decade, Bella Cucina has been Montville’s hidden treasure, right in the Main Street! BYO vino to complement the timeless Italian menu for a perfect European cafe-style dining experience.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5677
Enjoy fine food and fabulous coastal views in a lush rainforest setting. The perfect venue for wedding receptions. Open for breakfast and Lunch 7 days- Dinner on Fridays. (Fully licensed)
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5479
A short drive away…
Flame Hill Vineyard & Restaurant:
Flame Hill Vineyard is a family owned vineyard situated in the Sunshine Coast hinterland that produces quality estate grown wines.
Website | Phone: 07 5478 5920
The Long Apron Restaurant at Spicers Clovelly Estate:
From a croissant on the sun drenched terrace, to a degustation menu shared with someone you love in the dining room, The Long Apron offers a unique taste of Europe in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Website | Phone: 1300 252 380
Whatever your plans, whether it be a relaxed alfresco lunch on the terrace, a delightful high tea on the veranda, a fine wine in the bar or enjoying quality food using local produce in our Vineyard Restaurant, we welcome your custom.
Website | Phone: 07 5445 7450
Bellavista Pizza Pasta Mapleton:
“Fantastic, delicious and fresh pizza & pasta. A true Italian feel with an amazing view. Great friendly service. Highly recommend the Gelati! ”
Website | 07 5445 7722